1 quart unpeeled, thinly sliced, small fresh zucchini
2 small to medium onions, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, sliced
1/4 cup salt
1-1/4 cups cider vinegar
1-1/4 cups sugar
1 teaspoon celery seed
2 teaspoons mustard seed
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- Sprinkle the zucchini, onions, and garlic with salt, and cover with cold water. Let stand 2 hours.
- Drain, rinse in fresh cold water, and drain again.
- In the meantime, combine the remaining ingredients in a large pot and boil 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetables, remove the pot from heat, and let stand 3 hours.
- Return the pot to a boil and simmer 5 minutes.
- Pack pickles into sterilized jars and process 10 minutes in boiling water.
The Recipe can also be found by Clicking Here.