There are numerous ways to discover Gettysburg, PA. The charm of this destination is the availability of so many options and activities, no one can ever be bored. You can plan a great trip here that is budget conscious or extravagant. Whatever your tastes and wallet can handle. Here are a few ideas to get you thinking:
- Visit the National Park Service website – this is a great place to start your planning
- Click HERE for Official Map and Guide
- Bus Tours
- Hiking Trails
- Audio Tour in your car
- Bicycle Riding
- Look up Gettysburg in your APP store
- Guided Tour from Licensed Battlefield Guide
- Horseback Riding Trails on Battlefield
- Books on the Civil War and the Battle of Gettysburg
- Conversations with local residents
- Experiencing the Battle of Gettysburg with Reenactoers
- Local Eateries
- ghost Tours
- Dress in Historic Clothing
As we wrap up this visit, there are some final thoughts we would like to share. This is our big take-away from this trip.
If your life is fast paced, super busy and time seems to pass at warp speed, then Gettysburg is for you. This is a destination where you can spend a good chunk of time, like a week. If you are not too far away, a long weekend here could be the best medicine as well. Turn off your cell phone and walk around. Read as many of the 1300 monuments that are located within 25 square miles. Wear your FitBit and get your fill of steps in, daily. With all of the flat trails, you could have your 10,000 steps in by lunch!
Then take time to spend the afternoons relaxing with family and friends around your campfire. It doesn’t get any better than this!
Discovering America Together! Sparky & Darlin’