Tonight we are heading out to join the festivities of Super Bowl 50 in Upstate New York. Looking forward to joining old and new friends this year, even though the NY Giants did not make it. Well, the season was just a bit embarrassing for us fans! Back to the task at hand, as any good party is planned, it is important to not show up empty handed. Plus, during this part of our life, what we bring to parties has either already been prepared while on the road in our RV (2015 Jayco Travel Trailer UltraLite) or is perfect for a future camping menu. The two recipes I am sharing have been prepared and served both while camping and at home. Both are favorites and have not been prepared in a long time. So, here are my two Super Bowl 50 Recipes for tonight.
The first is an appetizer from my girlfriend Cathi who found it from KRAFT.
SWEET CHILI-CREAM CHEESE DIP
1 Package of KRAFT Cream Cheese
1 Jar of Taste of Thai – Sweet Chili Sauce
1 Box of your favorite crackers (Ritz, Wheat Thins, etc…)
DIRECTIONS – Easy Peasy!
- On your serving plate, unwrap the cream cheese and place it in the middle.
- Open the Sweeet Chili Sauce jar and pour over the cream cheese.
- Tear open your cracker container and lay them around the CC & SCS. Make it look pretty!
- Finally, add a spreading knife and Voila! Ready to party!
The second recipe is using one of my favorite appliances – my crock pot! I was obsessed this fall with making desserts in my crock pot. Tonight Sparky chose cherries so this evening will include bringing a Cherry Crock Pot Dump Cake. I originally found this recipe via Pinterest. Glad I followed the backlinks to the original post by thefrugalgirls.com – they have a great website with lots of goodies! Their pictures are great, too. Here is where you can find Crock Pot Desserts by thefrugalgirls.com.
CROCKPOT CHERRY DUMP CAKE
Spray Grease (aka Pam)
1 Box Cakemix – Vanilla Flavor
2 Cans of Cherry Pie Filling
1 Stick of Butter (8 Tablespoons)
- Spray the inside of your Crockpot with Pam.
- Open both cans of cherry filling and put them in first.
- Sprinkle the box of cake mix on top – cover evenly.
- Melt the stick of butter in microwave and then pour evenly over the cake mix.
- Seal up Crockpot and set temperature to HIGH for 3 hours.
- Scoop it out with a big serving spoon. YUMMY!
QUESTION: What is a recipe you prepared for Super Bowl 50? Share your notes, a picture or link to where you find your great dishes!