We want to be sure to keep places like the ADKs beautiful for years to come. Be sure to follow the following 7 Principles of Leave No Trace so that the outdoors can be enjoyed with responsible use.
- Plan Ahead & Prepare
- Travel & Camp on Durable Surfaces
- Dispose of Waste Properly
- Leave What You Find
- Minimize Campfire Impacts
- Respect Wildlife
- Be Considerate of Other Visitors
Provided by: (c) Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics. Visit them at: www.LNT.org
There is no doubt in my mind. We will be returning to this area. The history is rich, the people are great, and this area is centralized for our entire brood to reunite. Before leaving Gettysburg, I want to be sure to complete our Bucket List for our next trip.
- Bring our bikes. Well, let’s ride them too! We want to ride on the trail that is most southern from Pickett’s Charge. Note: The trail is lined on both sides with fencing.
- Be sure to shop for authentic clothing at: Abraham’s Lady – Civil War Era Clothing & Accessories. (Since writing this item, Abraham’s Lady has become a Mail Order company with a great website and very useful Facebook page. Be sure to check both hyperlinks.
- Once you arrive into town, you will totally understand why we want to be sure to Rent a Scooter.
- We completed Chapters 1-5 of the Gettysburg Audio Tour by TravelBrain. There are several tours and tour types to choose from while in Gettysburg. We felt this one suited us best. We needed flexible time to learn, take hikes and spend time with our family members who were stopping by throughout the week.
QUESTION: What is on your Bucket List for your trip to Gettysburg? What would you recommend we do next time?